CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

N.Y.C. Ultra Moist LipWear


During my 'mini haul' on Saturday I picked up 2 Ultra Moist LipWear lipsticks. N.Y.C. is a really 'picked on' and ignored brand and one I've never really even tried, but I was in the mood to buy stuff and broke so I went for the cheap stuff, $0.98 each. Sadly this lipstick only comes in 10 shades of the original 20 (see them here) and of them only 5 were in stock. It contains Vitamin E which is suppose to moisturize and condition and give 'a kissable shine.' I got it Violet Shine and Cafe.

I've heard some people complain about the cheap case (seriously, what do you expect for a dollar?) but I actually like the clear cap. Yea, it looks a little cheap and I suspect it could crack pretty easy in a bag, but I like the fact it's clear. I have so many lipsticks and I can never remember exactly what each shade looks like so this way I can just look without the hassle of taking off all the caps.

Violet Shine on the left, Cafe on the right (sorry about the bad quality).

Swacthed on my forearm. Cafe on the left, Violet Shine on the right.

Violet Shine on the lips. A rosey, red tinted pink.

Cafe on the lips. A light bronzey/coppery brown.

As you can see both colors are pretty frosted with a silver shine to them. Because of the frostiness it seems to accentuate any roughness or cracks in your lips so make sure to smooth them out and put some balm on first. Both go on a bit sheer and so creamy that you have to work a little bit to get color, but they are definitely moisturizing. As with a lot of cream based lipsticks I find it doesn't seem to 'stick' to my lips very well. Both are soft colors, a little bland, and not very sharp or defined like matte colors. Also due to the consistency the staying power is nothing special, the color seems to disappear quite quickly even without eating or drinking. Violet Shine is a misleading name, but a very pretty color and I find both are quiet wearable for me. Overall, they make good casual everyday lip colors I think, not for going out or special occasions, but for class, work, and to the grocery store. I think I consider them more of a tinted lip balm than lipstick. While they were nothing amazing they were dirt cheap and not absolute rubbish so no real complaints here.

Packaging: 3 of 5
Smell: N/A
Color: 3 of 5
Consistency: 3 of 5
Staying Power: 2.5 of 5
Buy again?: Probably not


0 comments: