CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Perfumes to Own Just for the Bottle

In my post yesterday I briefly talked about how I love the simplicity, and mix of classic/modern of my Dior Pure Poison perfume bottle. The athetics of it's shape, weight, coloring, and proportions are, well just pretty to look at while also being practical and conveniently shaped and sized. It's pretty no? At first I thought the iridescence was a little tacky but it's grown on me after looking at it for 3 years. Of course I am ridiculously biased for particular perfume.

Pure Poison by Dior

Anyways it got me thinking about other bottles I've owned and/or seen (first hand or through adverts only) so I thought it would be fun to do a few posts on perfume bottles. Today I thought I'd do ones pretty enough to keep and display on your vanity even after using them up. Just as a note, I'm only talking about the bottles and am no way promoting the scents themselves. A few I don't like (and that's why I haven't gotten them even though the bottle is pretty) and a few I honestly haven't even smelled. While I love my Pure Posion I'm not sure I'd say the bottle is vanity worthy without it's contents, so on with the list!

Lola by Marc Jacob

I love this girly bottle with a sense of coyness, flirtyness and a little bit of fashion flare and fun. Plus it's a lovely shade of purple. It's a little outrageous and over the top, but that's what makes it fun for the counter, assuming you don't already have too much clutter!

The bottle's exquisite, multi-layered cap is a bursting bouquet with bright modern colors that pop against a matte black background and rope-inspired, gold metallic neck. The silhouette is inspired by Marc's fashion collection.

Princess by Vera Wang

The first few times I saw this bottle I thought it was kiddish and clunky. But it's grown on me. It's like a massive diamond and it brings out that fun, youthful, girly charm in everyone. Come on, deep down every woman deserves to be a Princess :D. And again, it's purple. I got a purple thing I guess.

J'adore by Dior

A classic and ionic bottle. Tall, eloquant, and spohicated without being old ladyish. My old roommate had this sitting on her dresser everyday and I love the smooth curves of it (plus this is one scent I can vouch for!). My only warning, this is one you absolutely can't lose/break the cap for, because that's essentially where it's all at. If you've you ever been in the fragrance section at Sephora where the tester is de-capped this bottle is utterly boring and almost unrecognizable.

http://a248.g.akamai.net/7/248/8278/20080508032344/www.sephora.com/assets/dyn/product/P213719/P213719_hero.jpg
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

Very similar J'adore but with a slightly younger more modern twist. I think it looks a bit plain in the picture, but in person the curvature, coloration, and weight is lovely. It's another shockingly simple one, but it's got class and quite elegance and maybe a hint of innocence? It makes me think of large egg, but in a good way, smooth and natural. The cap is a little over sized and ehh... but this is another one that I think the fragrance might be influencing my decision.

I guess overall I generally prefer simple, elegant, and balanced bottles. Any other pretty ones you suggest adding to the list? What are your favorite 'pretties'?

1 comments:

Emilyanne said...

If I wasn't already up to my eyeballs in J'adore I would have Rock'n'Rose by Valentino, mostly for the bottle.

http://s7v1.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/230468040?$product$