CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday Wish List: Dior Pure Poison

Current wish list item:

Pure Poison by Dior
1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray $59
1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray $75
3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray $95

Pure Poison has been my main scent for about 2~2 1/2 years so far and I ran dry of my current 1 oz bottle in early December. Sadly, current budget crisis after my recent holiday mean I can't afford even a 1 oz bottle. It's such a lovely unique scent though that doesn't 'tickle' like some of overly powerful florals of fruity scents. It's described as:
... a modern floral based on a white flower bouquet, infused with fresh amber. A radiant scent, it emits both purity and seduction with a first impression of soft flowers and the lingering allure of woody-amber and sexy musks.
It's primary notes are: sweet orange, bergamot, mandarin, orange flower, jasmine, gardenia, sandalwood, white amber, and musks. I'm a fan of musks and I can definitely detect that as well as hints of the amber, gardenia and maybe a little of the jasmine. It's said to have a "luminous, textured, and seductive" style. I agree with seductive for sure. I love it because it's professional and light for everyday use, yet also a little sultry and sexy if applied slightly heavier in the evenings. It's a versitile scent, at least with my particular skin chemistry.

As a side note I like the bottle. I've always been fascinated with pretty perfume bottle and once dreamed of being a 'perfume bottle designer'. Lol. It's simple, yet pretty, not over the top, and not so bizarrely awkwardly shaped in an attempt to be 'artistic' or different. Overall, it's classic yet a little modern, inside and out. I'd recommend it to anyone in the market for something new, and I can't wait to get my hands on another bottle again, hopefully soon!

0 comments: