CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Almay Hypo-Allergenic Eye Makeup Remover Pads

For the longest time I never used any makeup remover. I just used soap and water or whatever face wash I was using at the time. As I started getting more into makeup I need to get some kind of makeup remover, particularly when I started more waterproof gel eyeliner and mascaras that didn't just wash off. I didn't really know where to start but I had childhood memories of my mom using Pond's Cold Cream to get off my Halloween makeup and I always liked the smell. I ended up with the Ponds cool cucumber makeup remover.

http://www.ponds.com/images/1.6-deep.jpg


It's found in any drugstore, it's cheap (like $3-4), and it's easy on the skin. Some people find it 'greasy' the first time they use if if they aren't familiar with cold cream products. You don't use it like soap or face wash and it doesn't lather. You apply it to dry or barely damp skin and just rub it on a for a minute. It doesn't rub in but rather on top of the skin and you see it getting dirty as it picks up makeup and dirt on your skin, then you just wipe it off with a tissue or wash cloth. It does a pretty good job of getting foundation off and I love it because it moisturizes too and leave my skin pretty soft. It's worked well for me for 4 years now and it's my keeper makeup remover and I still use it for my face.

However, it's only downfall is it's bit harsh for my eyes. It says it can be used to remove waterproof mascara so I would assume it's eye friendly, and I can and have used it to remove eye makeup but I generally find it stings a little, but I suffered through unaware for a few years.

One night as my boyfriend's I didn't have any makeup remover so I tried some of his Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads (he had them lying around when he did theater and had to wear makeup). They come in a little jar like this.

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/2/20652/45_2007/almay.jpg

I loved them! The pads were super moist and my toughest staining eye shadows and mascaras literally just melted off. They seem super greasy when using but if I just gentle towel off my eyes after I'm fine. So I went to get my own but couldn't find the exact same thing anywhere (I guess it was a bit old). I ended up with the Almay Hypo-Allergenic Eye Makeup Remover Pads which look like this.


I like them, but right away I could tell it wasn't the same thing. The pads were much drier and the formula felt more alcohol-y and less moisturizing. They still work really well to get off my eye makeup (+ face makeup when I'm lazy) and they don't cause irritation or burning but certain mascaras don't seem to melt off as effortlessly and if I over use them in one day I notice a little drying in the corner of my eyes (which I have a lot of problem with anyways). For the face they're a little small but if I flip it over and use both sides I can usually do my whole face in 2 or 3 pads. After a little investgation I realized there are actually 2 formulas, oil free (which I got) and moisturizing, which is probably the one I really wanted. The store may have had them both and I just didn't notice or wasn't able to distinguish between them as the packaging is very similar and the font is a little small.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/167/e/AAAAAg1xB5AAAAAAAWfhrw.jpg

At any rate the one I have still works well as if cheap, 80 pads for $4. I'll keep using it and then when I run out I think I'll try the other formula. Here's an example of how well they work, from the other day when I did my MAC Too Fabulous looks which required a LOT of blush.

Amount of face product remove with just one pass.

Almay Hypo-Allergenic Eye Makeup Remover Pads
Great for removing both eye and face makeup.


0 comments: