CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Metal Mania

Lately I've been really into golds, coppers, and bronzes and have been favoring metallic looks, as you can tell by some of my recent EOTDs here and here. Plus my reccent NYX buys, a coppery brown Jumbo Pencil in French Fries (swatched here) and the bright Yellow Marigold single eyeshadow I got (swatched here). Anyways I must just be ahead of the trend as Coastal Scents has just recently released their newest 88 palette, Metal Mania.

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/images/products/MetalManiaPalette_300.jpg
Metal Mania by Coastal Scents for $24.95

Metal Mania has arrived to Coastal Scents! Embellish, Captivate, Inspire your inner spirit with this new palette collection.
88 vibrant colors that become even more gilded in appearance when using an eye primer. A little goes a long way, the impact is extraordinary, the color combinations are endless.
I'm tempted, but not sure. The colors look beautiful, rich and creamy, but frankly there looks like a lot of repeats from the regular and shimmer palettes and even within the metal palette itself.

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/images/products/DSC_5396_81.jpg

Also I'm not sure if everything is really metal, or just frost shades. The video posted on the site has some swatches (around 59 seconds) and they look more pastel to me! Here's a screen capture of it. See what I mean?


I'd love to hear what you think if anyone has tried this palette, but I'm guessing I'll pass and hold out for a few more NYX shades! PurseBuzz has some more swatches if you want to check those out!

0 comments: