CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 23, 2010

Sally Hasen Smile Brightening Lip Treatment Review

Found this baby in the Dollar Store and couldn't resist for only a buck! A quick Google Product search places it's price range online from anywhere between $1.49 to $7.99 on Amazon! It claims to make your teeth whiter by contrasting it with yellow pigments while hydrating an conditioning lips. It come in a couple shades at the Dollar Store and I had a tough time before settling on Gleaming, a bright pink with a a purplish iridescent shine in the tube.



My thoughts: 
First off the packaging it pretty clunky. It's sturdy, cute and modern with the square shape and the raised circles on 2 sides, but it's a little big and square products never slip easily into pockets or anything. Applicator is the typical doe foot.


 Color payoff it pretty good. It can be applied thinly for sheer shine, or layered a bit for more color without getting thick and gloppy. There's a nice shine and faint sparkle/shimmer to this particular color and it's a nice bright pink (which actually doesn't work so well for me, but still it nice). The texture is good, not thick, not sticky, but just right. 


 What I love the most it the smell/flavor. It's a vanilla mint and it's like an after coffee breath mint. Nice a refreshing without being over powering. I also feel a very, very faint minty tingle like you get with some lip plumpers. I like that feeling but know some don't. I don't notice any plumping but it is moisturizing. The staying power like many glosses isn't too great and it seems to disappear within an hour or two even without eating/drinking, but there's a lot of product in the tube so just reapply. 


 Overall, not bad for a Dollar Store find. Do my teeth look whiter? Not really. Is it really a 'treatment'? Not so much. Would I pay $7 for it? Nah... But was it worth getting for a buck? Sure. So go check your Dollar Trees ladies.



Packaging: 3 of 5 (Pretty but not bulky)
Smell: 5 of 5 (Fresh!)
Color: 3 of 5
Consistency: 4 of 5
Staying Power: 2.5 of 5
Buy again?: For a dollar yea, for 7 no.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am doing research for my college thesis, thanks for your excellent points, now I am acting on a sudden impulse.

- Laura