CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Urban Decay Primer Potion Decanting

I know this has happened to a lot of people, but it finally happened to me about 3 months ago... My beloved Urban Decay Primer Potion ran dry, or at least it seemed. There was still penalty of product in there, just no matter how much I jiggled and angled the wand I couldn't scrape anymore of the primer off of the curved sides or reach the bottom. This has been an infamous complaint for the product from the very begining and newer models of the Primer Potions now of course have a curved doe head wand to scoop out the sides a little bit (at least in theory).

http://arkhipova.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/urban-decay-primer-potion-gets-a-new-wand.jpg


For those of you behind the trend curve like me, who are just now running into this problem with the older style I won't bother  doing a tutorial on how to decant or get the remaining product out for 2 reasons. First off there are already a ton of tutorials on it (just Google or YouTube it) and secondly, it's not really that hard, you just cut open the tube at the wide points and scoop out product into a new container. 


However, I did just want to show a few of my pics because I even thought I had seen and read about this from others I was BLOWN AWAY by just how much product I had left. I had done quiet a bit of jiggling and twisting for a few months so I figured I had actually gotten a fair amount off the side and just had the bottom left. Wrong!


Cutting my baby open. It was scary :(

Holy cow! Lots of product left!

Scooping it out and scraping into a new jar.

The end result.

For anyone wondering I used an old Dr. Hauschka Lip Blam Jar to put it in. (Was a gift, nice stuff but little pricey for my blood to rebuy!) It was a 4.2 g that I filled completely and I still had more product left over!

0 comments: